Welcome to the Adolescent Day Treatment Program (PYSADTP)
Mental Wellness and Treatment are the primary needs of the clients participating in the PYSADTP, above what is currently offered in a typical educational setting. Clients (gr.9-12) and their families participating in the program receive clinical interventions to address:
- Moderate to severe anxiety/depression
- Self-harm and/or suicidal ideation
- Family/caregiver conflict
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Group Programming
- Weekly Individual Counselling
- Primary Education/Support
- Community Involvement
- Opportunity for Family (caregiver)/Youth Counselling
WHO WE ARE?
The PYS Adolescent Day Treatment Program is located at 459 Reid St in Peterborough. The program runs 5 days a week from 9am to 2:15pm (Friday ends at 1:30pm).
During program hours the clients will be supported by:
- Program Counsellor
- Program Teacher
- Weekly individual therapeutic sessions provided by Clinical Counsellor
- Group sessions twice weekly (minimum)
Currently due to COVID-19 protocols, we have a maximum of 4 clients in our program. Once these protocols are lifted, we endeavour to have 6 clients in the program at minimum.
WHO CAN REFER?
The PYSADTP is jointly delivered by Peterborough Youth Services, Kawartha Pineridge District School Board and Peterborough Victoria Northumberland Catholic School Board.
Referrals can come from many different sources:
- Self and/or Caregiver Referral
- School Referral
- 3rd Party Referral – hospital, community agency, family doctor, etc.